Saturday, October 28, 2006

10 Things I Love About (Us)

Continued digging through my archives and found these two documents that were on my Treo. I remember when we were starting to put this together. I wanted to put it down here cause I, too…like you, need to remember that we were real, that we were not a figment of our imagination. The connection we shared was real for me and remains an enormous part of who I am today. The 10 reasons why I love you still hold true.

10 things I love about (him):
  1. He treats me like a queen. I love the way he makes coffee and breakfast for me every morning.
  2. He always makes me laugh. No matter how sad I get, he does whatever silly things it takes to make me laugh.
  3. He can do anything he puts his mind to. I love the way he is so stubborn and single minded. He made this landscape plan just because he wanted to and could. He never ceases to amaze me with his talent and abilities.
  4. I love how he has never lost his sophomoric instinct to brush up against my boobs. He never passes up an opportunity to "feel" me up. Especially when we're in the car!
  5. He has no inhibitions about his body. He will fully go commando around the house even though we have open-French doors and unpredictable visits from family and friends all the time.
  6. He doesn't mind the makeover once in a while and is not stuck in his ways with fashion or hairstyle. He is always willing to try something new, even if he is not sure it's right for him. He often looks amazing, but he never gets a big head about it.
  7. I love how he doesn't know how adorable he is. There is something so special about him that I know other people respond to. I can see it when he interacts with our friends, his colleagues and just random people. He has a special sparkle and I love to be around him.
  8. I love the way he lets me be silly and sing non-sensical songs whenever I feel like it. I love that he joins in with me like comrades in a carnival ride. I love that he loves this quality of me that I know no one else in the world can understand.
  9. I love the quiet moments too. In times of stress or anger, he is still able to find humanity and compassion. His moral compass is straight and he doesn't waiver even if it means telling me something I may not want to hear. He does this in a gentle quiet way.
  10. Last but not least, I love our chemistry. I love that his touch excites me. I love that he finds such completeness in our togetherness. He can do this to me in a single look and I can respond in a way only he knows. We share that special bond only a husband and wife would know about the other.
10 things I love about (her):
  1. She is one of the silliest persons I know. But she keeps all of that humor just between us. Sometimes I wish that other people knew how funny she really is.
  2. She can make up a song at any time anywhere. She'll just start singing a melody, banging away on the piano or make up lyrics on the fly. I can't wait how our kids will be entertained for hours simply on her mini performances.
  3. I love watching how kids are drawn to her. Take our nephew, for instance, who enjoys making origami or sushi or whatever with her. She has a great knack for making kids learn while having fun.
  4. She has a penchant for the finer things in life...what we call EGPS: Expensive Global Positioning System. She has opened so many things to me in life...from fashion to music to the arts. It's amazing how much knows, reads and retains.
  5. She really can talk to the animals. She has such a connection with little furry things that I have no doubt that she knows what they are feeling and thinking. It's amazing how much compassion she has for our two little cats and any other stray in our neighborhood. And, of course, our puppy, Popo, will always be so near and dear to us.
  6. She's the Ultimate Iron Chef. She can put together any dish just by simply tasting a dish and then finding the right ingredients.
  7. She is so talented. She can write beautiful prose, she can draw cartoons with character, she can take on anything and simply do it well. She's probably the most versatile person I know who can excel in her craft...a true renaissance woman.
  8. She is the ultimate Pop Culture Maven. She will identify and latch on to the next big thing. Seriously, her calling is really in product development and marketing. From the early tamagotchi to the current wine trend, she will embrace it and make it popular before it becomes hot.
  9. I absolutely admire her strength. There have been so many times when I was lost or confused or simply giving up, where she would take charge and find the light and the way. Take the time we were in Paris and got lost right after I proposed to her. I was so cold and lost in my direction that I simply gave up. She took charge of the situation, found a nearby restaurant and bought us some delicious meal.
  10. I love us even in the not so pleasant times. We have this ability to be ourselves and to know each other, almost reading each other’s minds, even at the toughest times. We can find the humor in even the darkest moments and still see the good. This is quite possibility the very reason I know that we will always have a connection. She will always be my Imzadi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home