Monday, October 30, 2006

A Little Better

It was nice to read your entry on the Oyster Frenzy when I woke up this morning. Keeping up with you this way is so strange. Especially now after the fact, you know? I wonder if you do the same with my Flickr Photostream. I imagine that you do.

I think I’m doing better. It was a bad few days there cause I think I knew that my holiday was over. Work is here and, now, I really, really have to get my head-on straight. But I’ve also reflected on the folks I’ve met here so far, the folks I consider friends here, really haven’t been that good of friends…the people that ask “Hey, how are you?” There’s been a couple but not the way it is back home. Or is it? Do I really not have good, good friends? Have you always been that one for me?

Lala: How are you? I do wish I knew…

Things still do remind me of you. Just the other day, I had my first Willamette Valley Pinot that I didn’t like. Yikes, I know. It was a 2005 Willamette Valley Vineyards Whole Cluster Fermented Pinto Noir. I guess the Whole Cluster Fermented is what made it bad. No? You would know.

I made some sausages this morning for breakfast. I wish I could make a couple for you as well. I haven’t made any scrambled eggs, however. Just don’t have the oil or butter for the frying.

I was in East Village this weekend for a dinner with Linda & Steve (who I think are a couple but they deny it). On the way, I saw a Peruvian Cuisine restaurant. I thought that that was its name but after searching for it now, I guess it isn’t. Found this instead. But I do wonder if some day we’ll be able to enjoy NYC together. If you’ll ever visit and you’d like to spend a few days together (not that I’ll have a lot of days to kill).

Will we? Will we ever get there? Will we be able to be around each other and say “Yes, we did the right thing.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home